Friday, May 28, 2010

I'm back






So, I have been quite AWOL for a long time but promise not to leave for this long again. I have had a wonderful couple of weeks-went to Moscow to watch Steph and a few of her friends graduate from college (first one in our family to do that!) and then a trip to Atlanta to get her settled. We had an awesome time and now WE want to move there. I do like Alaska but.....Atlanta...LOVED it!!

I am off work now for the summer and am in the midst of planting and trying to clean up this place. We still talk about listing it with a realtor but so far have not. I would love to have a smaller house here and then a townhouse in Atlanta to spend my Christmas break as well as my summers there. It has been pointed out to me that that this is very backwards--winters in Alaska and summers in the HOT HOT South but that would be pretty consistent with my usual pattern-backwards!!




Jeff and I are going on a strict diet (yes!! a new one-this is just a never ending theme with me) starting the first of June. We will be "clean eating" (read NO WINE or sugar :( ) and doing the P90X workout videos. I will keep you posted-if I live thru it although, I will probably live but kill Jeff-he annoys me when we diet together. I lose a pound-he loses three dress sizes.



But, until then I plan on drinking the vino, snacking on EVERYTHING and pretty much having an awesome weekend. Charlie and Sam will be here Tuesday, Blaise may swing by for a bite at some point and time and STEPH....she will be here in spirit but whooping it up in Atlanta-you go GIRL!!

Here are a couple of quick pictures--yes, the can of sauerkraut and the ring of sausage--dinner!! This is what happens when I don't want to deal with Fred Meyers on Friday night!








4 comments:

  1. ooh bosley looks sooooo cute!! i just set it as my background and my whole computer screen is just his face lol! his eyes are bigger than quarters!:) the tree looks beautiful as do your flowers, dinner looks ok;D i do miss the home-front...it will be so good when i do get to visit! i wish i was going to be hanging with all the family drinking this wine and eating these snacks this weekend instead of working!!! ...georgia is very far away i am afraid, bUT i like this backwards plan...house in the south and it is not even too hot, with a pool it is quite lovely:) i think a brick townhouse would be awesome!!!! miss you lots and lots and i am proud of you too:) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your flowering tree. Doesn't moving sound wonderful? After all these years I'd really like to do something else, but don't think it's going to ever be in my plans. Maybe you'll get to!

    ReplyDelete