Monday, March 8, 2010

Chopped Salad update

The chopped salad was soooo good! I get a little tired of salad that is just chunks of lettuce with stuff on top but this was really a nice change. The best part was the home made dressing-just the right amount of tangy!

I Hulu'd Ghost Whisperer and started chopping!




I always watch TV when I cook which is odd. When the kids were little I never wanted them watching TV so I was alot better about tuning in so much. But now.....not so good. Maybe I didn't watch much TV because I like creepy stuff (note the screen above) and it always terrified the girls. STeph is especially sensitive to things that are remotely scary. She will never let me forget renting an old Bette Davis movie in which her character is being driven crazy by a friend and they roll a fake head down the stairs. This apparently was quite scaring for my small children-good job MOM!!

I had assumed that all black and white movies were "safe" viewing. I know better now but of course it is too late--the damage has been done. I guess I can relate to this a bit as I watched a show called "Green Slime" when I was about 8 and never slept again...well, that might be an exaggeration but you get my point.

Onto dinner-chopped salad!


I didn't use as many veggies as I thought I would but I liked the combination:
Avocados, bacon, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, feta cheese, green onion and purple cabbage--I think that is it.




And here is the husbands photo-this is take number 37. Poor man thinks he is a "real" photographer. This fallacy is quite apparent when he takes the SLR camera, sets it on Auto and then proceeds to try and FOCUS the thing. What can I say, at least he is charming and handsome so I guess I will keep him.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Margo! That salad looks DIVINE! It makes my mouth water just looking at it. Maybe one day I will have to come and visit and we can eat amazing food and drink good wine... or just cheep wine... I like both!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Box wine is my personal favorite AND I just read in Time magazine that wine drinkers are thinner!! Almost like a license to pour another glass!! COME VISIT--I'll grab an extra box!

    ReplyDelete