Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Beignets!






Ah, the children are in town!! Well, not really children as they are grown up and married BUT...to me they are the children!! Charlotte's husband Sam is playing with his brother's band this weekend opening for Mercy Me. They will play Thursday, Friday and then head to Anchorage and play there one night. Jeff and I thought we


would go down but being the semi lazy poops that we are we decided that there is in fact...no place like home. MAYBE I will start some seeds. We shall see as that would require I actually use the new soil block makers that I bought (no-I have done nothing with them).




BUT...tonight my night is going to be quite extraordinary! Charlotte is making beignets for us!! They are currently dough, rising to perfection in a pan on the back of the stove. At EXACTLY 9:00 she will start cutting them and then..yes, she will start to deep fry them!! Almost like being in New Orleans!!

My week has been spent pondering the reasoning behind living in this frozen, dark stretch of the planet. WHY live here when people all over are thinking about blooming trees, tulips breaking through the ground and grass starting to green up. WHY??
Well, I suppose the fact that we have jobs here, two of our three kids live here and we are in debt up to our eyeballs here. THAT may be the reason but, is it a good reason???? This I am not sure of but the one thing I do know is that we have wonderful friends here. That in itself may be the REAL reason that we stay and fight the cold, the dark and the knowledge that spring is NOT around the corner!

But tonight none of that matters! For tonight WE DINE on Beignets!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment