Saturday, March 27, 2010

I think that Spring has in fact...SPRUNG!!

The snow is not melting, the flowers are not blooming but the SUN IS OUT!! I don't know if anyone who does not live in Alaska can fully appreciate the darkness that we have been shrouded in for 9 MONTHS!! I go to work in the dark...I come home in the dark. I have grown sooooo weary of darkness but now..the sun has come back and life is good again! It is 6:15 and yes, the sun is still high in the sky ( not as high as it is going to be...but in the sky--YEA!!)

Here are a couple of photos that we took while Steph was in town--I MISS HER!!










































Here is the diet version of our summer drink-
*crushed ice
*lemon juice
*light tequila (the color is light and Steph thinks that means the calories are less....not sure if this it true or not
***Blend and then add a couple of tablespoons of limeade
Rub a little lime juice on the rim of the glass, turn upside down onto a plate of sugar and a bit of salt...pretty much HEAVEN in a glass!!!

Dinner is in the oven as I speak (or write) and I am pretty excited about this concoction! It is a vegetarian lasagna which includes, eggplant, zucchini, red chard, onions, garlic, cheese and noodles. I think it is going to be AWESOME--I will let you know if it is! Here are some photos of the process-yes, it was a bit of a process but what the heck...it isn't like I have any little kids who need my help with anything, although these puppies...they are keeping me busy.


















UPDATE: I was a "tad" confused by the recipe directions--It said DRY lasagna noodles and NO where in the directions did it mention cooking pasta--so...based on MUCH research that says noodles do NOT need to be cooked prior to making the lasagna...I seem to have less than perfect lasagna in the oven! I will need to ply the husband with MUCH wine prior to taking the crunchy lasagna out of the oven. Should be easy.....I will keep you posted !!







3 comments:

  1. mmm looks yummy! good to hear you're getting fatha liquored up before dinner!;) did the noodles turn out good? that picture of abby is so funny!! i miss them. the house looks quite lovely and sunny, i like your ingredient picture, and the little garlic clove on your recipe!:) we added that orange liquor...however you spell that, to the margaritas also, and a little lime zest...hmmm that does sound summery and delish! we can make them again in atlanta and lay by the pool!! ANd road trip o savannah, even though dad seems to say no:D LOve you!!! oh, and i love the new layout!! i haven't even changed my once, may need too, i think little birds like that would make a pretty little foot tattoo:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a very BEAUTIFUL daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such beautiful children. The puppies are adorable!

    ReplyDelete