Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What a bad blogger I am!!

I am not sure why I have not posted anything in awhile...hmm...nope, I got no excuse! I guess I just get sidetracked on a pretty regular basis and... Jeff and I have put our house up for sale! We have talked about it AND TALKED ABOUT IT but for the most part that has been about it. We live on the river and that makes the house in that "upper end" real estate that is currently not selling in Fairbanks. (according to the realtors that we have spoken to) Hence, the Craig's list and Alaska list adds!

Aside from the fact that we live on the river--We are NOT river people. Now, I do like a boat-on a lake-with a fishing pole and a sandwich but racing up and down the river...EEK-Not a fan!! This is our second house on the Chena. Both times the houses have kind of fallen into our laps and we have loved both houses but it is just time to move on. So-if you need a house on the Chena-call my people! (no, I don't really have people but if I did...you could call them. Otherwise, check out Alaska list)

UPDATE: the S diet.
What an easy thing for me to follow!! I am pretty much the queen of this diet. Remember the rules?
no snacks
no sweets
no seconds
EXCEPT for days that start with S (Saturday, Sunday and Special Days)

Oh, YA! This has been the easiest thing in the world for me to follow. Not sure why but....I like it. Have I lost ANY weight?? NO!! Not a pound. So, I have to ask myself ....why?

Maybe it is the EXTRA large breakfast, lunches and dinners I eat now. Yes....that could be it! I now eat two pieces of bread with dinner because the only rule is that it has to fit on a normal size plate (there has been no info on how high the plate can be stacked)

Previously, I never ate bread or BUTTER! God Forbid you eat the butter! But with the no S diet.......eat all the damn butter you want!! I can only say "Thank you JESUS"

Did I mention there is no limit to wine????! You know this is the diet for me!!

When I hit the mark on the scale at the gym that makes you "move the heavy thing" up a notch- I may go back to calorie counting (I call this death by number but that is only my take on it)

BUT-until then....the NO S diet is going quite well thank you.

I will leave you with a few parting pictures of Saturdays dinner. Sorry, tonight is left over minestrone-not exciting at all.



Broccoli Salad



Marinating Chicken Breast



Salsa made with the tomatoes and avocados that came in the CSA box NUMMY!!



Grilled chicken sandwiches w/swiss cheese/onion/sprouts and Grey Poupon!!

4 comments:

  1. i was JUST wondering when you were gonna post again :) haha i was thinking myself when i read the "no seconds" to just LOAD up the first go-round! obviously, i am not the only one thinking along the right lines here. I'm sad you are selling the house, its so cute! Hopefully it will not sell before my baby shower or wedding, since I have recently thought it is prime real estate for such events ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What area of town are you thinking of moving to? I could never live on a river...I'd be a basket case with the kids. I am a serious worrier about everything! Dinner looks good. Beats the cereal my kids have gotten the last couple of weeks! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hoping to stay close to my current neighborhood. I really love it but anywhere on CHena Ridge would be good. I used to live off of Chena Hot Springs but I hate all that traffic around those box stores at 5:00!! Makes me too crazy-just a Tok girl at heart I suppose.
    I work at the University so I like to walk to work when it is warm enough. ALTHOUGH--I will be off for the summer in 60 days (yes, I am counting!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks wonderful! Your foodie pics are yummy.

    ReplyDelete