Thursday, January 28, 2010

CSA arrival!


Thursday pickup of the CSA is quite exciting for me! Actually, even more exciting is the email that arrives the week before to tell me what is going to be in the box and what my options are for editing those items. Obviously, I am easily entertained as the thought of replacing apples (not a big fan) with Kale....thrills me!
In the continued attempt to use up the eggs that were purchased for the post wedding brunch I decided that Kale frittata would be in order. I had never made a frittata until I got the Barefoot Contessa cookbook and she has a simple recipe in there for one. Hers calls for bacon, potatoes and chives. I just doctored hers up and added Kale and onions. I used red potatoes for this one but usually use sweet potatoes. I just think the color looks cool. Purple cauliflower is awesome in this! I plan on planting MANY purple cauliflower plants this summer!




I also made a roasted beet salad with feta. Jeff still does not think that beets are great (or even good for that matter) so it just leaves more for me! Love them!!











Puppy update-I have decided that these two puppies are without a doubt-the cutest puppies on the planet. Seriously....adorable.

3 comments:

  1. AH bosley's little face is soOOOOOO cute!!! That picture is really making me want a fritatta!:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty fancy dishes...I've never even heard of a frittata. Those are the cutest dogs on the planet for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right about the puppy. Jeff is right about the beets!!! hahaha, no I do like beets in small doses and only on salads. In New Zealand they eat them on everything, so I think you would like it there. :)

    ReplyDelete