Thursday, January 21, 2010

Gardening!!




















Here are the books that I am waiting for!! I ordered them from Amazon and they are sitting in Anchorage (according to the online tracking thing).


This is what I get for going for the free shipping business. Should have just paid the $4.95 and had it here YESTERDAY!!


I have a very large area in the back of my house that has housed horses for the past two years. What a perfect spot for my new garden area!! I can't wait to get started. The very best part is that I do not have to break Sod!! It will need lots of topsoil and mucho horse poop (which I have LOTS of!) and I think it will be awesome!! Thinking that it may take me YEARS to actually get it the way I want it but that's okay.


I have tried for years to plan gardens on paper. This is just to ....annoying! I am sure the reality is that it makes for better gardening but it is just beyond my thought processes. I am going to start tons of plants in the sunroom and just put them wherever the mood strikes me. Worse case scenario...they have to be moved or the area planted with something different the next year.

Jeff has HATED it in the past when I start cutting out grass. He does love his grass but here there is NO GRASS. Kinda like a blank slate, empty canvas--a whole area for me to play with.

Pictures to follow....!!!!

5 comments:

  1. you fEARleSS color gardener you!:) sounds like a good plan! i can't wait to see it all done, i was thinking how if you and dad stay...and don't move...then when i get married i'll use the yard/new garden! puuurfect plan i do think-glad that is all solved!:D love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. perhaps i shall use the garden for MY wedding as well, grand plan we have huh, stephie?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Girls!!!! I am all about weddings!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very excited to see your photos. I strive to be the gardener my mother was, but have fallen short so far. I've only had my flower beds for three summers. The first summer was sparse, the second summer it rained all summer, and last summer was pretty decent. I don't have the funds to do what I want so it is a slow process, but one I love. Looking forward to filling up the grow room soon. Photos...don't forget the photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Gayle--I have watched your gardens grow on your blog---eek the rocks just look like so much work!! But your gardens are BEAUTIFUL!! I too have had good summers AND BAD! I will put lots of photos up (will shame me into weeding more!)

    ReplyDelete