Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Here it is-the first day of the rest of my life...


The day has arrived that I have dreaded but.....I am not feeling to bad....pretty good actually. I hated to see Steph leave for the airport (I opted not to go because I didn't want to make her feel bad) but the truth of the matter is-I am excited for her. She has so many options, so many fun opportunities-I think this is her year to shine!

I skyped with Charlotte last night and it really is the next best thing to having her right in the back room-although I am less likely to get chocolate chip cookies made by her when she is 400 miles away! She is happy, has a wonderful husband and is living her dream. Couldn't be prouder of her.

Blaise is closing on his new house--an absolute disaster when he purchased it. He worked full time at his regular job-put in HOURS upon HOURS of work and transformed the joint. It finally looks like a home! I think Jeff had fun working on it.....Blaise, on the other hand, did not seem to see the "fun" factor but he did a great job!

So, while I am missing having my kids under one roof, I am so pleased to see where they have taken themselves. Cheers Babies!!!! I love you guys!

Ps--bring wine and chocolate when you visit!!

1 comment: